HR Giger's Space I (1976) (work 328)
references Gerry Anderson's
UFO series' Skydiver with Submarine?


September 11th 2016, 
I'm looking through toy vehicles related to Gerry Anderson TV productions and then I start looking at Sky Diver from the TV series UFO which I watched as a child and the production lasted from 16 September 1970 – 24 July 1971. 
 
This vehicle is a submarine with an aircraft attached to its nose that detaches and flies. 
 
And I started to think about how this connected with the ideas that I was having about the painting which I thought had elements of planes fused to submarines integrated along with the Fisher Price Family Airport toy set. 
 
 
 




Space I  (work 328) (1976)

 
 
Sky Diver model being built
 



Sky Diver plane mounted on the front of the submerged submarine in Gerry Anderson's UFO







Sky Diver plane mounted on the front of the surfaced submarine in Gerry Anderson's UFO



Drawing of Sky Diver plane from UFO by Derek Meddings (source: http://ufoseries.com/preProduction/ )




No comments:

Post a Comment