Alien: Yaphet discovers a box


a) Discovering a box
Before Yaphet went back to his trailer, he stopped before an electrician's workbench where strangely he spotted a box with hieratics, (A cursive writing system used in the provenance of the pharaohs in Egypt and Nubia.) and hieroglyphics on a shelf.

He turned the box around over and over and thought that someone had stepped into his head and taken his most inner most fears and put them in the box.



b)  Help from Maria
His friend Maria (who he knew to be Maria Orsic) visited his trailer, rolled the box around in her hands. She mumbled away as she translated the hieractics, he pressed his lips tight in anticipation

He was telling her, “Because of that chest burster scene, my career is definitely over…I’ve got to do something classy like…. Shakespeare…something with dignity, you know what I mean.

Meanwhile she ignored him as he fingers played with the various little slats on the box, shifting them this way and that way , as if this thing was a Chinese puzzle box

He continued on, “My whole life I've never find anything decent, maybe one day I’ll find something.



c) The unfolding
Suddenly the box unfolded itself, almost mechanically, and then transformed itself into what appeared to be a copper key.

What more there is to say about where the box came from and who it belonged remains a curious question, was it some sort of an intricate film prop?

Whatever it was, it had transformed into something that was a part of Yaphet's personal explorations.

Sitting inside the open box-key he found an astrological bangle, a folded piece of golden papyrus, a dozen photos and an ancient map.

Yaphet?” said Maria

Yeah.” replied Yaphet

You just found something.”  she revealed



 Source Quote
  1. Yaphet: I didn’t feel like walking back to my trailer and stopped before the electrician’s work bench when I spotted a box with hieratics and hieroglyphs on a shelf.
    I turned the box around in my hand over and over and I thought someone had stepped into my head and taken my innermost fears and put them in the box. Later on in my trailer, Maria rolled the box around in her hands, mumbling to herself as she translated the hieratics I pressed my lips tight in anticipation.

    Because of that chest burster scene, my career is definitely over…I’ve got to do something classy like…. Shakespeare…something with dignity, you know what I mean.
    Maria ignored me as her fingers played with the various little slats on the box, shifting them this way and that way, it's like a Chinese puzzle box.
    My whole life I've never find anything decent, maybe one day I’ll find something.
    Then suddenly, the box UNFOLDED ITSELF, almost-mechanically, turning itself into a copper KEY. Sitting inside the open key/box is an ASTROLOGICAL BANGLE, a folded piece of GOLDEN PAPYRUS, a DOZEN PHOTOS and. an ANCIENT MAP.
    Yaphet?
    Yeah.
    You just found something. ( Source: https://www.facebook.com/kyaphet/posts/1325812447442433?pnref=story)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment