Alien:
Kubrick wanted to know about
the Chestburster scene

Leading from




Ridley would occasionally find himself talking on the phone to Stanley Kubrick, he never actually met him though and it appeared that Stanley had a fascination with the film Alien.

One day Ridley got a call and someone one the other side of the phone asked "How did that guy come out the chest?"

And Ridley replied "Who's this?"

The voice replied "Stanley Kubrick"

Ridley having great respect for this film director associated with this name suddenly responded "Oh hi! Do you want me to explain the thing on the table. He's underneath and very uncomfortable"

Stanley responded, "I get it, I get it. I can't find the cut"

"Ah, well, there it is" responded Ridley

 Quote source
  1. Ridley: No, I never met him.
    Interviewer: Really

    Ridley: I just used to talk to him and he called me up the first time and said" How did that guy come out the chest?" 
    And I said" Who's this?"
    "Stanley Kubrick"
    "Oh Hi"
    "And erm, I said well, do you want me to explain the thing on the table, he's underneath and he's very un.."
    "I get it, I get it. I can't find the cut"
    "Ah, well there it is"
    And I, the last time I talked to him, he said we should have dinner and he died.(Youtube: Behind Closed Doors with Ridley Scott)

1 comment:

  1. Pity... You should've met, it would make a great union and maybe he'd shoot one sequel,who knows

    ReplyDelete