Prometheus: Lindelof receives the script

leading from
Damon got home. His wife asks him "Hows you're day?"

He replies" I think a script is coming over. Ridley Scot is sending me a script"

She replies "what"

45 minutes later, ding dong, there's a young PA there who hands him the script and says to Damon "I'll be waiting in my car. When you're done, come and get me, and hand it back to me.... and are you available to talk to Ridley tomorrow at 10 a.m. to come into his office?"  
It was one of those scripts that Damon wasn't allowed to keep after he'd read it

His wife was concerned about the PA sitting in the car "should we feed him, should we bring food out there, what do we do with that guy?"

Damon didn't expect the PA to be hanging around while he was reading the script, he was telling him "you can go and drive around, it's going to be a couple of hours"

But the PA wasn't going to leave, his job was to give Damon the script and sit there in his car to make sure he didn't sneak out and photocopy the script, 
 
Damon would done what he was supposed to in that respect, have but that was not to say he couldn't have had a scanner at home. 

Source quotes

  1. Damon Lindelof: ...and so I go home, and my wife's like, how's your day, I said, I think a script is coming over, Ridley Scott is sending me a... she's like, what. 45 minutes later, ding dong, there's a young PA there, hands me the script, says I'll be waiting in my car when you're done, come and get me , hand it back to me. So it's one of those
    Interviewer: I need two hours

    Damon Lindelof: Yeah, yes, it's one of those, you're not going to get to keep this. I read it,  um, this was the script that Jon Spaihts

    Interviewer: Did you tip the guy by the way, when you give the script back

    Damon Lindelof: Absolutely. You put it in the pages though, You don't want to make him uncomfortable. My wife is like should we feed him, should we bring food out there, what do we do with that guy

    Interviewer: Of course you've got to offer him something to drink

    Damon Lindelof: Yeah, exactly, sure, absolutely, so er
     
    Interviewer: I do love it that you made him sit in the car

    Damon Lindelof: Well, I mean, I was like, you can go and drive around, it's going to be a couple of... someone clearly told him, you go there, you give this mother fucker this script and you sit in your car in case he try.... that way he say he did not sneak out and photocopy the script, 'cause let's be honest, I would have.

    Interviewer: There's the thing called the internet and people waiting

    Damon Lindelof: It goes right down the street, Who's to say I don't have a copier in my , in my house. (Kevin Pollack chatshow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzRjHDAgRmk#t=9099)
  2. Damon Lindelof:And then a couple of hours later, a guy showed up at my house, and said, “I will be waiting in my car outside your house read the script bring it back out to me, and are you available to talk to Ridley tomorrow at 10 a.m. to come into his office?”   (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/damon-lindelof-struggling-depression-why-838257)

No comments:

Post a Comment