Alien: The Ripley influence on "Fear The Walking Dead"

Leading from

a) When actress Kim Dickens went to audition Fear The Walking Dead, The Spin Off for successful TV series about Zombies The Walking Dead, she wasn't really sure how the character should be, and then they talked to her about it, and said something near enough to "Look, she’s going to be like the Ripley of the show" and this mean Sigourney Weaver's character in Alien and so she thought "That sounds good, I'll do it" because she thought that would be fun, and Kim thought that may have been a vague inspiration in the show maker's eyes.


Quote source
  1. Interviewer: Where did the inspiration come from for your character?
    Kim Dickens: Well, really, honestly it was from the page. And I just went in and auditioned for it, but it didn’t really come to me, I just sort of jumped in and started doing my own thing with it, and when they first talked to me about it, they were like 'Look, she’s going to be like the Ripley of the show' – Sigourney Weaver’s character in Alien, and so I thought 'That sounds good, I’ll do it!' because what’s not fun about that? She’s an amazing character so that may have been a vague inspiration in their eyes.  (http://www.gamesradar.com/kim-davies-goes-depth-fear-walking-dead/)

No comments:

Post a Comment