Tuesday, 30th August 2016
Added Space I references Fisher Price Airport and Jet Plane after I suspected that Giger must have been interested in it back on the 19th August 2016
Monday, 29th August 2016
Added note about a copy of a certain videotape on Giger's shelf at home to Vidocq.
Sunday, 28th August 2016
Added KooKoo album cover
Saturday, 27th August 2016
1) Meanwhile Mark F at the Weyland-Yutani Bulletin on Facebook has brought up a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode with creatures inspired by Alien which I admit becomes something of interests me despite the frivolous nature of the alien inspired creatures, the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles are iconic enough. I will add a page about this episode later on.
2) Updated Alien vs Yaphet Kotto with a story from Starburst Journalist Phil Edwards already told to the Strangeshapes blog for the article on the life of Bolaji Badejo under the section Journalist Phil Edwards recalls from Dan O'Bannon and Yaphet confirmed about how Yaphet stuck up for Bolaji and I have read on Yaphet confirmed a given element of the story on his Facebook page. Not that he needed to but it drew me to the story from Phil Edwards.
3) Editing the People Index, addressing spacings between words and names that have had the ends oddly chopped off.
Friday, 26th August 2016
I have spent the day examining vaguely common elements between Alien 3 and the original Ring, but still haven't published my almost final article on the matter . Upon that, I have taken a look at a way to vaguely base an Alien story on the Ring novel, although I suppose that it doesn't really work. Why I should want to do that is rather unknown other than for exploratory purposes.
Thursday , 25th August 2016
1) Managed to alter some words and reedit some words in Dune and the Gathering after reading a quote in Le Cinephage 07 1992, to do with Giger seeing the Magma concert in Paris with Jodorowsky and then meeting Dan O'Bannon. I don't know which took place first that evening, meeting O'Bannon or going to the Magma concert. It might be nice to find out the date of the concert and I can not find anything on the internet. about the bands 1975 tour dates, and it should presumably be in December, but if it turns that that they made a long journey to see the gig elsewhere, I can not say. But if Dan O'Bannon met Giger in December at the opening of an exhibition of paintings about Devils, then it ought to be around then that Jodorowsky took Giger to the concert.
2) On this day, Mike C. posted a from the 1970s at the Weyland Yutani-Bulletin, I did a search for this hoping to come up with something interesting relating to it and came up with a different comic book Mister Mystery #7 that had a curious story Brain Bats of Venus and it's assumed that this story supplied the inspiration for the Star Trek story which contained the flying omelette which may well have been on of the many things to inspire Dan O'Bannon's original idea for the facehugger.
Wednesday, 24th August 2016
1) Added: Alien: The derelict as a rescue ship and crypt?
2) Today the trailer for Rings came out, which is another Ring sequel. This lead to me thinking about Ring and Alien and some of the similarities in the style of thinking, and then it hit me that the original novel for Ring was released the same year that Alien 3 was released and it started to make me wonder if there was a connection between the two
Tuesday, 23rd August 2016
1) Managed to find the comment in a magazine about Giger's Vlad Tepes painting starting off as Mickey Mouse. It was in magazine called PC Power. I've been looking for that comment for a good long while, perhaps over a year.
2)Added: HR Giger's Space Trip 2. Thich is an abstract one and I think that I can see the Looney Tunes Tasmanian devil's whirl as a tunnel for a train set. Perhaps there is more to realise.
Monday, 22nd August 2016
I almost find it distressing to say it but I have decided to start including my own editorial illustrations to try to show off the flow of thoughts going on in the exploration aspects of this blog. I don't want to look as if I am plaguing the blog with personal fan art, it's not meant to be like concept art for films, but I want to poke fun at the illusion of the whole Alien phenomena a bit and the possible various sources of inspiration. I will from time to time place personal illustrations here and there when I can work something out, and update them when I've made a significant improvement, because the blog needs something in the manner of visualisations from me. So, I have started with an image for Alien: Unlocking the design of the Space Jockey which shows a cartoonish image of the space jockey with seat transforming into a sort of Moebius' Arzach mounted on the giant bird as a mechanical rodeo bull or a 10 cents/penny ride.
Friday, 19th August 2016
1) Added: Necronom V References mobile homes and Fisher Price family camper.
2) Having said that, looking through the various Fisher Price toys from that era, I keep looking at the original Fisher Price airport and having the idea that Giger would have looked at this toy and found it intriguing with this compact environment that divides with a swivel that would also be the control tower, but the toy building consists of abstract elements. The question about whether it should have directly inspired another of his works has no answer yet.
Wednesday. 17th August 2016
1) Altered the title of Carlo Rambaldi Alien monster concept to Pre-Giger Alien monster concept
because I don't ultimately know what it is but the question still remains on the page though.
2) Altered wording in article Alien: Life cycle of the alien just to repeat the idea that the alien egg is simply an organism shaped like an egg in the statement making "into an egg" into "into the form of an egg".
Saturday, 13th August 2016,
1) Added the reference to the Fisher Price Music Box Teaching Clock to Mordor VII
2) Added a page Fisher Price Music Box Teaching Clock as an index for the works that reference it such as Mordor IV, VI, VII , VIII and Biomechanic Landscape i (work-297) (1976)
3) Added Echoes of Giger in Cronenberg's Mugwump from Naked Lunch
Friday, 12th August 2016
1) Added: HR Giger's Mordor V references Fisher Price Teaching Clock?
2) Added: Fisher-price toys that Giger references in his work?
3) Added: Skull from James Gleeson's "Betrothal of two classic edifices" and wooden gate from Fisher Price Teaching Clock merge together as a skull in Giger's Mordor V
Thursday, 11th August, 2016
1) Updated Giger's Landscape (work 404) (1978) references Tomita's "Snowflakes are dancing" record album cover (1974) with the revelation that this painting is a combination of two different covers of the same record, which also means the chart with the Tomita album covers relating the various Giger paintings had to be updated as well which wasn't actually on this blog, but has now been added to Isao Tomita index page.
2) Added: Untitled Giger-drawing (1985), this will connect with something else.
Sunday, 7th August 2016
Created a page to express the idea of the transformations from Alien: From Jack Kirby's Leviathan Whale to HR Giger's Necronom III to Jack Kirby's Celestial Giant in Rocket Capsule Statue to HR Giger's Space Jockey. Building these chains of connections seems to make things seem awfully big and spooky.
Friday, 5th August 2016
Expanding on the Alien: Inventing the Facehugger because it's all a bit tied up with the question about its origins as part of a chain of things still. Is it because it's a parasite like creature or because it talks about male face-rape or is it a cross between the two, and does it have to connect with the whole story about how Dan O'Bannon started looking at different forms of parasitology (not only insects, although the insect aspect of it is a popular discussion point because of the talk about certain wasps' methods of reproduction). Hoping to eventually pull the chain apart. So eventually, it will become the known story of what happened and separate pages for the polymorphic aspect life cycle of the alien and the parasitical nature of the alien will follow later on.
Thursday, 4th August 2016
a) Added a statement about Alien Origins : (Hemlock horror companions)
b) Altered the Weyland Yutani Archives link on the entrance page since Xeno-Alpha has moved it to the Scified.com site.
Wednesday, 3rd August 2016
Added Prometheus: References Dromedan from Jack Kirby's The Eternals, Looking at similarities between the character Dromedan from The Eternals vol 2 and imagery regarding the Engineers in Prometheus, and the Engineer fighting the "Trilobyte". If the connection is solid there, along with Moebius, Dark Horse's Alien Apocalypse, then the comic book influences on Prometheus builds.
Tuesday, 2nd August 2016
Attempting to update Alien: Inventing the Facehugger but the trail of information seems to be going off in too many directions already, trying to look at the insect nature of the alien's polymorphicism and life cycle and comparisons with other insect aliens and this keeps going away from the Facehugger, probably because the whole situation is polymorphic and perhaps this is all rather confusing to read and this page will have to be chopped up again.