Alien 3: Fasano finishes the script

leading from

John Fasano

a) Sigourney wants Ripley's death

Sigourney had just had a baby and was nursing her baby at the meetings.

She said about her character in the script "Look I don't care what you guys do but at the end of this movie I have to die 'cause I fought this thing three time , beat it three times, and it's ridiculous. I don't want to do another one of these movies"

Fasano responded "What if it's a huge hit?"

She replies, "Well they'll bring me back as a clone or say it was a dream."

 The latter comment would have been the sort of thing to go along with because of what they did to bring back Bobby Ewing in the TV soap opera Dallas, say that his death was all a dream.

Fasano saw this all as a pragmatic way of thinking.



b) CPR for Ripley

When Fasano handed his script in, they were saying "You killed Sigourney"

He replied "Well she wants to die"

They replied "No"

So he had the monk give her CPR and suck the alien out of her oesophagus into himself before the monk jumped into the fire.

However by then Vincent Ward was gone.



c) Fincher's vision to kill Ripley

The studios asked Fincher when they brought him aboard "Well what’s your vision of the movie"

He replied "I'm going to kill Sigourney at the end"

They responded "That's a great idea"

Fasano response was "You just fired that other guy for having that idea "


Source quotes
  1. John Fasano: You know, and also what was really fucked up was that, from the beginning of this process, Sigourney said "look I don't care what you guys do but at the end of this movie I have to die 'cause I fought this thing three time and beat it three times and I don't want to do another one of these movies" and I said "what if it's a huge hit." She goes "well they'll bring me back as a clone or say it was a dream. I mean she was very pragmatic". You know they got our script and they were like you killed Sigourney, and I said "well she wants to die and they said no so I had the priest give her CP, er, like CPR and such the Alien out of her oesophagus into himself and then he jumps into the fire or whatever" and but by then by then Vincent was gone and then Fincher comes in and my xxxx with Fincher, “well what’s your vision of the movie” and he goes "I'm going to kill Sigourney at the end" and they were like "that's a great idea" and "I was like you just fired that other guy for having that idea" and and by the way aliens 3 could've been the end of Fincher’s career. (http://projection-booth.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/episode-228-alien3.html
  2. Interviewer: What was your interaction with Sigourney Weaver?
    John Fasano: It was one of those things that Sigourney wanted her character to die in the movie. They had people writing scripts for years after ALIENS (1986), but every time they showed the scripts to Sigourney, she'd say no. I met with her and she had just had a baby. She was nursing her baby in the meetings. She said ''Look, I wanna die because I have beaten this thing in two other movies and it's ridiculous.'' When we went to Fox with the draft where she dies at the end, they were like, ''This is impossible.'' So I changed the ending so I had this one monk, John, giving her CPR and taking the alien baby out of her. He died, and she lived. (http://www.money-into-light.com/2015/03/john-fasano-on-writing-alien-3.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment