Alien: When Noomi Rapace saw Alien

leading from
and


Noomi had seen Alien when she was young, and it changed her perspective on gender roles. It was the first time that she saw someone getting to do the things that Sigourney Weaver did. There were not so many role models for women that she knew about and it was a man's world so she would identify with being a man or a boy and this allowed her to have a perspective
  1. Noomi Rapace:  It felt completely unreal, because I remember seeing Alien when I was young, and it changed thing in me quite dramatically. It was the first time I saw a woman doing the things that Sigourney Weaver did. We don't have so many role models - at the time, it was all the men's world, and I always saw myself as a boy or a man, then all of a sudden, wow, here comes something else completely different. (Scifi Now #67, p20)

No comments:

Post a Comment