Alien Production Timeline April 1978


still collating


Saturday, 1st April 1978,
A small shed is built for Giger on Stage B (see Giger's shed in the studio)


   
Wednesday, 5th April 1978
 
Giger is payed 
  1. HR Giger: 5 April, Zürich I am temporarily paid off. Just a week after signing the contract. Without my signed contract Twentieth Century Fox would not have been in a position to carry out the décor according to my designs. I have made all the necessary drawings, so now they don't need me any more. I am wretched and angry; however, I know they will still need me when they get round to interpreting my designs in three dimensions. In order to lose no time, I go on working and start on the design of the hieroglyphics. (Giger's Alien p14)

Wednesday, 19th April 1978
Giger sketches the interior for the egg silo 


Monday, 24th April 1978
Giger sends transparencies to LA. Scott asks Giger to paint the snail shell corridor May production begins this month

Towards the end of this month, Brian Muir receives a call asking him to start working on Alien

  1. HR Giger: 24 April, Zurich I send transparendles of my now work to Twentleth Century Fox, as arranged. (Giger's Alien p14)

Thursday 27th April 1978
Crispian draws the interior composite plan for the Nostromo stage layout for stage C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment