Alien: Ridley said "That's what I want, I want it like hair."

 
leading from
 
Ridley had shown Michael Seymour and the art department Dr Strangelove because of the B-52 cockpits, and he came out to Michael saying "That's what I want, I want it like hair."
 
Michael came up to Roger Christian and said " What does he mean, like hair? Are we putting hair in this?
 
Roger replied "No, it means covered in switches, covered everywhere. Don't worry I'll get it done.
 
Ridley wanted it completely encrusted with switches and panels like an old submarine, and this would also be like the B-52 cockpits
 
So, Roger got the special effects team onto this one because he had a fantastic team with Nick Allder, and he assigned two of his guys, and they made up switch panels that would fit into the patterns.
  1. Rogr Christian: I remember Michael Seymour coming out and saying "Ridley said he wanted it all like hair, what does he mean?" And what he meant was he wanted it completely encrusted with switches and panels, like an old submarine. It was the bomber cockpits he was particularly interested in." Alien Archives. p93
  2. Roger Christian: Ridley had shown Michael and the art department Dr Strangelove because of the B-52 cockpits, and he came out to Michael and said "That's what I want, I want it like hair.' Michael came up to me and said " What does he mean, like hair? Are we putting hair in this?" And I said, "No, it means covered in switches, covered everywhere. Don't worry I'll get it done. " So, I got special effects on this one because I had a fantastic team with Nick Allder, and he assigned two of his guys, and they made up switch panels that would fit into the patterns. (Starburst #486, 2024, p7)

1 comment:


  1. "Alien: Ridley said "That's what I want, I want it like hair."" was posted on 8th June 2024

    ReplyDelete