The character Wendy is described as tall, athletic, and androgynous.
Wendy eventually becomes a leader to the hybrids and creates the path for a new era of 'enhanced beings'.
- "FX is looking to cast a man in his early 30s, open ethnicity, to play “Hermit.” Hermit is a medic with the Army. The prototype they are looking for is Domhnall GleesonFX is also looking to cast a woman of any age and any ethnicity to play “Wendy.” Wendy is Hermit’s brother, but stuck in another person’s body. Until now, Hermit believed his sister was killed in an experiment, but comes to realize that she is in fact in this soldier’s body. They are looking for someone who is well muscled and able to do action. FX is also looking for someone with comedy chops. Danai Gurira is the prototype for this role. " ( Nov 5, 2021 https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/11/05/alien-descriptions-noah-hawley/)
- Caitlin Tyrrell: The most interesting information from these character descriptions are the details about “Wendy.” With Wendy being stuck in the body of another person after an experiment there are tons of interesting possibilities to explore. There is also the question of whether or not the goal of the experiment was to transfer her into someone else’s body or if this was a accidental or even failed attempt. ( Nov 5, 2021 https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/11/05/alien-descriptions-noah-hawley/)
- AVPGalaxy: "Update 07/11/2021: Alien vs. Predator Galaxy can now confirm and correct the details from Illuminerdi’s scoop below. The names and general details of the characters are correct. However, Wendy is Hermit’s sister (not brother) who finds her consciousness transferred into a synthetic body." ( 07/11/2021 https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2021/11/06/first-character-details-for-fxs-alien-series-are-in/)
- Noah Hawley: In the movies, we have this Weyland-Yutani
Corporation, which is clearly also developing artificial
intelligence—but what if there are other companies trying to look at
immortality in a different way, with cyborg enhancements or transhuman
downloads? Which of those technologies is going to win? It’s ultimately a
classic science fiction question: does humanity deserve to survive? (https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/books/a38591125/noah-hawley-anthem-alien-fargo-interview/ Noah Hawley Is Venturing Into the Absurd With Anthem, Esquire by
- Caitlin Tyrrel: We at The Illuminerdi revealed a few details about two of the characters Wendy and Hermit, but we’ve continued to dig since then. Now, we have managed to discover even more about these two characters that not only shines a light on who they are, but also reveals more about one of the immortality ideas that will be explored in the new Alien series.
- It looks like Alien is looking to cast a man in between 20 and 30 for the role of J.D. Hermit.
J.D. Hermit, known as Hermit, is a human Medic for Prodigy Tactical
Response, the private military of Prodigy Corporation. Hermit is
described as a young man with an anxious temperament, but a good heart.
Hermit is struggling to find his way believing himself to be curse as he
mourns the loss of his family.
Hermit was particularly close with his 10 year old sister Marcy, who he was told died of cancer. Hermit is driven to help others, but he feels untethered and isolated in his grief. However, in the face of great danger Hermit proves that people have severely underestimated him and that he in fact has the heart of a hero.
Alien is also looking to cast a woman in her mid 20s to mid 30s to play Wendy. Wendy is described as tall, athletic, and androgynous. Wendy is not a human instead she is a “Hybrid”, a superhuman who is essentially perfect. However, all is not as it appears with Wendy as she in fact has the mind of Hermit’s 10 year old sister Marcy. She learns how to live and control this new body under the tutelage of “Synth” scientist Kirsh and human scientist Dame Sylvia.
Wendy eventually becomes a leader to the hybrids and creates the path for a new era of enhanced beings. Wendy, once she reaches full development, will have super strength, speed, and agility combined with the limitless courage of a young mind. Wendy is not only a new being, but a tool of monumental value to the world.
It will be fascinating to see how the mystery of this Hybrid concept unfolds, especially regarding Henry and his younger sister Marcy now Wendy. It wouldn’t be a surprise if the idea of a hybrid went beyond simple immortality and was part of a plan for humanity to face off against the Xenomorphs. However this all fits together the new Alien series seems to be taking a unique new approach to the Alien franchise and it will be interesting to see what Noah Hawley adds to the beloved horror sci-fi franchise. (https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2022/01/07/alien-new-details-fx-series/ Jan 7, 2022)
f) More characters
Later news come through that we have extra characters such as Boy Kavalier - a very young man who is the CEO of a company called The Prodigy Corporation. So this company is at the heart of the series, with their experiments and creations leading a new wave into metahuman territory.
And then someone named Atom Ein who is Boy Kavalier’s advisor. He is someone that's older but understands manipulation and the way to help achieve larger goals. The name sounds a bit like Atom Egoyan who is a Canadian film director of Armenian heritage.
However one could also thnk about Ein in the original anime series Cowboy Bebop where “Ein” is short for Einstein. The character is a genetically enhanced corgi, also known as a “data dog,” with what at least seems like near human-level intelligence. (Thanks to Darrell Curtis for mentioning the possibilities of a Cowboy Bebop connection there)
- Posted by u/gimitko (February 25th 2022)
New Alien Series Character Details
Wendy - one of the main characters in the series. She is what is considered a hybrid, a metahuman who has the brain and consciousness of a child but the body of an adult. Because she was essentially created in a lab, she will eventually yield her almost superhuman powers.
Boy Kavalier - a very young man who is the CEO of a company called The Prodigy Corporation. This company is at the heart of the series, with their experiments and creations leading a new wave into metahuman territory.
JD Hermit - a soldier for the company’s security arm. He is essentially an orphan who lost his family at a young age. One of his losses was his sister Marcy who he believes died at the age of 10.
Kirsh - synth who acts as a mentor and trainer for Wendy. Slightly older and more highly developed, the character will train Wendy but might have other intentions.Atom Ein - Boy Kavalier’s advisor. He is older but understands manipulation and the way to help achieve larger goals. (https://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/t18g56/new_alien_series_character_details/)
- AVP Galaxy: Thanks to another set of character details that have recently leaked via u/gimitko on Reddit – which again, Alien vs. Predator Galaxy is able to verify as accurate – we now have some information on the CEO of the Prodigy Corporation, as well as his advisor. (https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2022/03/18/spoilers-more-character-details-emerge-for-noah-hawleys-alien-series/)