- ASH: How can you not admire the simple symmetry it presents. An intergalactic parasite, from time immemorial, capable of laying dormant for infinite periods. it's sole purpose to destroy otherspecies merely to recreate itself, for life and anti-life. (Alien, Script Revision 10th August 1978)
- Penetrating the egg chamber is a descent into hell. More members of
the team are lost, but finally Ripley and the few survivors reach the
center of the chamber. They find inscriptions (or some sort of
information) that tells them that aliens are more than mere flesh-eating
monsters. They are an anti-life force that could endanger the living
universe. (Making of Aliens, p25, Rinzler, 2020)
- In some magnificently clever fashion, Ripley and the team figure out how to reverse this anti-life force; in a sense, causing the aliens to implode. Ripley and the team fight their way out of the chamber and with only seconds to spare, blast off the planet, as the aliens implode, in a black hole effect, or something similar. (Making of Aliens, p25, Rinzler, 2020)
- HICKS: Yeah?BISHOP: The source, Hicks. You'll have to trace them back, find the point of origin. The first source and destroy it.HICKS: I don't know, Bishop. Maybe we oughtta just stay out of their way...BISHOP: You can't, Hicks. This goes far beyond mere interspecies competition. These creatures are to biological life what antimatter is to matter.HICKS: How do you mean?BISHOP: There isn't room for the both of you, Hicks, not in this universe.HICKS: That's crazy, Bishop...BISHOP: No. You're already at war, Hicks. War to extermination. The alien knows no other mode.
(ALIEN III by William Gibson first draft screenplay from a story by David Giler and Walter Hill
b) Anti-Matter universe in Star Trek
b.i) Perhaps there is a slight echo of The Star Trek episode : The Alternative Factor, released back in 1967
b.ii) In a dimensional corridor, a time traveller man named Lazarus encounters a version of himself from an anti-matter universe who is obsessed with killing him.
b.iii) The idea unfolds that if he and his anti-self contact each other within either physical universe outside the dimensional corridor, they would annihilate both the matter and anti-matter universes.
c) Anti-Life by way of Dark Horse's Alien Apocalypse comic book series 2005?
|Source: Saga of the Swamp Thing Vol 2 #62 by Rick Veitch and Alfredo Alcala|
d) Anti-Life by way of Jack Kirby's Fourth World for DC
- For more information see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Life_Equation
| The infamous Anti-Life Equation appears carved into the surface |
of the Earth in Zack Snyder's Justice League released in 2021