Prometheus notes from Carlos Huante's video at Vimeo (password-Kraken)
1. Dissection of a Space Jockey
2 . Facehugger - blob like molusc floats on a string of mucus (+ lympits)
3. Nothing from Alien 1 in this movie.
4. All structures are encrusted with abalone shell texture
5. Engineers - Spartans + giant furniture + xxxxxxxx
|polished abalone shell|
Facehugger centipede - to show that this design worked but was an experiment and elements were used for this "Facehugger"
The Ultramorph - unlike the "Alien" from the first Alien which were covered / or had a exoskeleton, the Ultramorph should still be covered with skin as genetically
(Transcribers note: N.B. I first thought that the word "genetically" was "centrally" but it's makes sense if Carlos wrote "genetically""
So, to carry the "No Bones" motif.
- Sand Dollars are very interesting. They are organic but look engineered.
I think this interior to the Alien Ship should look like Sand Dollars.
|A sand dollar related to the sea biscuit and the sea urchin.|
|sand dollar seen on the upper part of the of the creature|
The engineer tech should form as water (Milky Liquid) that pours unnaturally upward and over them (The Engineers) to form boney plating or ribs, and architectural surfaces. Like they control it at a molecular level.
- The Ultramorph chest burster should start to reminisce the chestburster from the first movie.
- The Xenomorph chestburster is the four limbed octopus looking "Burster"
- I was thinking that the Xenomorphs in this film should not have the ejecting mouth/tongue. These grandfather morphs should have completely unhinged mandibles. The pallette and the jaw should be something like a goblin shark mouth/ like an architeuthis beak.
|storyboard sketches from notebook|
- after meeting-
- Today Ridley loved his open mouth and Acid Ball for the "Bishop".
- The Baby Head Shwa alien is in, transformation also. To show growth cycle.
(transcribers note Huante writes Shwa whatever that means, and he uses this word again in the labeling for this creature design image on his website)
-The four tailed chestburster is now a creature in the Love Scene Blood Bath-
( For a Better Tomorrow) ésque
-Maybe no Ultramorph.
The back should look like the back of a man, like it should have a spine with multiple shoulder blades. It would really be cool if it looked or felt like the back of a man.
|beak of an architeuthus squid|