Monday 30th November 2015
1) Added information from Paul W.S. Anderson Event Horizon Q&A Toronto Underground Cinema 18th December 2011 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXL_CM4DXZ8) to Event Horizon. I have to say that this movie was always a bit silly and derivative but better than a lot of films in general, the design behind the Event Horizon's ship's engine room was interesting. Its connection to Alien is all rather silly as well in the way the director and the producer were all being asked about Alien over and over and over again but they would only want to avoid comparisons. Of course it's more or less a derelict ship exploration just as in Alien, or is it a haunted house in space as in Alien or well a ship with a terrible secret and only the remains of the dead captain as with the Demeter in Dracula. The film aged rather well considering what it was, and
Saturday 28th November 2015
Broke "Updates 2015" into separate pages for each month linked from this page. The update pages for 2015 and before will soon be reorganised so that they will all be one page linking to the various months in the years.
Friday 27th November 2015
2) Added, from the Attack the Block commentary Joe Cornish and Edgar Wright chat about Alien and Xtro and they can't get their facts right, but that's okay. misperceptions are still interesting
Thursday 26th November 2015
1) Added Aftermath at the chestburster dailies
2) Added Alien: Filming th e chest burster scene as an index for all the pages about the Chestburster which also includes The Splattering and Little rascal.
Wednesday 25th November 2015
1) Added Alien: Chestburster emerges from a pit of entrails
2) Added Alien: Chestburster scene false start
3) Added quotes from Cinescape July/August 1997 to Event Horizon
4) Added quot e from Uri Geller's Encounters, December 1996. to Erich von Daniken and Chariots of The Gods
5) Added Biomechanic landscape (work 356) (1977) having identified the form of a saxophone as the main structure in it.
Monday 23rd November 2015
1) Added V's visitors with reptilian faces behind human masks
Saturday 21st November 2015
1) Updated Biomechanical landscape II, looking for comparisons with Oscar Wilde's facial features and indeed the huddled demon in Fuseli's Nightmare paintings.
Wednesday 18th November 2015
1) Updated 22nd November 1978 entry on Alien production timeline for november 1978
with information from the call sheet for that day as typed out by assistant director Raymond Becket
2) Updated Setting Up The Chestburster Shot with words from the Alien Legacy documentary
Tuesday 17th November 2015
1) Added Biomechanical landscape II, and I wonder if a face can be seen in the image turned into abstract biomechanical features and perhaps I wonder if it might be Oscar Wilde.
2) Added Mordor III which for a good while I have thought was supposed to be the face of HP Lovecraft
Monday 16th November 2015
1) Added Neil deGrasse Tyson saw Prometheus
Sunday 15th November 2015
1) The information added to Alien: Organic Box Like Thing on 10th November has now been given its own page and is linked to the old page See: Origins of Ridley's compacted alien idea?
Saturday 14th November 2015
1) Added Eli Roth on Alien
2) Added Aliens: Signing up Weaver
3) Added Giger on William Gibson
4) Added William Gibson's Neuromancer vs Blade Runner following William Gibson's words about his surprise when he saw Blade Runner when he was writing Neuromancer taking place in a similar setting, and this all connects with his and Ridley's appreciation for the Metal Hurlant comic book artists. You'll also find a name page now as an index for all articles dealing with William Gibson.
Friday 13th November 2015
1) Section about the mythology behind the Pakal Votan tomb lid has been broken down into several pages linked together by the original page
2) Added Comparisons between depictions of the ancient Egyptian god Heh and the Pakal Votan tomb lid which indeed will not interest any Alien fans, let alone Prometheus fans.
3) Added small details from Mad Movies Hors Serie 27's interview with Guillermo Del Toro about Alien to Guillermo del Toro and Alien and Guillermo del Toro talks about Lovecraft's influence on Alien
1) Updated various pages with chunks from Damon Lindelof's involvement with the ongoing interview series The Hollywood Masters, at Loyola Marymount University’s School of Film & TV. the full transcript is found at at www.hollywoodreporter.com. So far have updated: Contacted by Ridley, Receiving the script, and Impressions of the Earlier Script and Acceptance.
Tuesday 10th November
1) Added to Alien: Organic Box Like Thing a question about whether the idea of the alien compacted and rolled up had been informed by Giger's painting Biomechanical landscape IIa, (work 298) which features rolled up or compacted biomechanoid forms. Admittedly it's quite a loose question since we have as yet seen nothing of the attempts to do show the alien doing this
Friday 6th November 2015
1) Added Guillermo del Toro and Alien which looks at del Toro's basic experience of the movies and his appreciation of the suit. This is seperate from his various words about the story of Alien where he talks about Lovecraft's influence on Alien and seems to mysteriously merge the story with Lovecraft's At The Mountains of Madness, making one wonder about the foreignness of Mexican perception.
Thursday 5th November 2015
1) Added Spectres of Ernst Fuchs's Triumph Of The Sphinx in Giger's National Park
2) Broke off the last few sections of Giger's National Park into several separate pages and the rest will follow soon.
3) Re-edited Jean Delville's "Treasures of Satan". Before what I wrote probably seems incoherently almost gibberish as a word sketch trying to put some words together. But still I think it was inspired by a piece of cave art from the Bradshaw caves. There may well be some other things to know from that time that might reveal something such as an interest in William Blake's work. I admit that I know very little about Delville as a person, but am just familiar with his artwork.
4) Added Moebius inspired by HR Giger's Erotomechanics VII ?
5) Added Alien Resurrection: Signing Jeunet On