Sunday 30th October
1) Today I went to see the Wifredo Lam exhibition at the Tate Modern, and I realised looking at the work that HR Giger obviously had been familiar with his work and referenced it often. I suddenly thought about Lam's little horned heads that represented the spirit of Elegua the messenger god and how it turned up in Giger's Vlad Tepes. But looking at Lam's work which was Picasso-esque and various items in various paintings coming out over and over again in slightly different variations might make Giger take ideas repeated in various paintings as a language rather than just looking at a painting and thinking that he copied one idea directly from one painting because it might appear in another painting by Lam. It probably might be a question of working it out and getting to know more of Lam's work that wasn't shown at the exhibition or at least was overlooked. But at least Giger's Vlad Tepes was a starting point.
Saturday 29th October 2016
1) Updated: Developing the story of Ring after watching the Koji Suzuki interview on the Arrow's blu-ray release of Hideo Nakata's Dark Water. Indeed I believe that perhaps echoes from Ring consciously or unconsciously got into Alien 3
Wednesday 26th October 2016
1) Added: Giger's "Witches Dance" and "Necronom IX" reference Otto Dix's "Skat Players- Card Playing War Invalids" (1920)
1) Added Marc Caro and Alien based on the Dennis Lowe interview. A wonderful thing today is the fact that Dennis' Lowe's latest Alien Makers came out today and am very glad to realise this. I'll be able to add more information about the production
Monday 24th October 2016
1) Added When Michael Fassbender First Saw Alien. This comes from a recent interview where he briefly talks about Alien Covenant.
2) Added index page for Noomi Rapace
3) Created a separate page for When Noomi Rapace saw Alien that was originally a part of the page Noomi Rapace plays Elizabeth Shaw.
Sunday 23rd October 2016
1) Added: Alien: Brett's cargo pants. This is nothing more than a copy and paste of images and information from Propstore
2) Added: Alien : Sylvain Despretz and the Space Jockey. Very little to be said about that other that his own personal issues with the film industry being discussed and how he likened himself to the space jockey transmitting his warning signal because of this. It would be nice if he talked about his ideas on Alien a little more but as least we have a few fragments. Were there any personal aliens, facehuggers and chestbursters that he would have liked to talk about?
Saturday 22nd October 2016
1) Updated the page about the film Communion adding images from the scene where the alien creature is unmasked since my copy of the blu-ray came through the door this morning.
Friday 21st October 2016
1) Added: Alien: Space Jockey design references anti-shock seatfrom Jack Kirby illustration for S.H.I.E.L.D.?
Thursday 20th October 2016
1) Added bits of information from a report by Yaphet Kotto to the section about the chest burster scene. See: Setting Up The Shot, False Start, The Splattering and added also another page Yaphet discovers a box.
Monday 3rd October 2016
1) Added: Chris Foss's unused Harkonnen Flagship design (1975) references the Kinder egg wrapper?
Saturday 1st October 2016
1) Added: French film director Christophe Gans and his appreciation of Alien