Alien:Romulus - Renaissance Station designed by Joshua Viers

 

leading from

 

a) Distant view of Renaissance Sation

 

  1. ConceptbyJosh: Here’s another shot of my Renaissance space station design for Alien: Romulus based on a brilliant layout by @dirtysketch_ !
    Developing this design with @iamfedealvarez in Naaman Marshall’s art department, and imagining the station orbiting an alien planet, was exactly the type of work I love. 
    Of course the station saw more development by @alexniceartist as well.(https://www.instagram.com/p/C_UHVNhy9gl/?img_index=1 posted August 31st 2024)


b) Side view of Renaissance Station


  1. ConceptbyJosh: I’m thrilled to start sharing some of my concept art for Alien: Romulus!

    I couldn’t believe my luck when Naaman Marshall brought me on to this project and told me I’d be in the office of @iamfedealvarez ! Sitting with Fede and figuring out the shape of the Renaissance space station was a thrill. And then seeing @alexniceartist take it even further and make it feel so real was amazing.

    I will always be grateful to be in an art department so full of talent, and I can’t wait for the other art department folks to share their beautiful work.
    (https://www.instagram.com/p/C_R5SUNxFZO/?img_index=1 posted 30th August )


c) The bottom of Renaissance Station

  1. ConceptbyJosh: Here’s an Alien: Romulus concept that I loved creating. SCROLL 👉👉to see the original inspiration by Syd Mead!

    I pitched the idea that our characters could approach the Renaissance space station from underneath because I was hopeful for what its oppressive presence might do for the film’s tension. To see that idea fit into Fede’s vision and Naaman’s aesthetic, and eventually the movie itself, was incredibly gratifying. 
     
    This particular image, and its overtly aggressive shapes, was my homage to the legendary Syd Mead’s concept painting of the Sulaco ship from “Aliens”. Scroll to see his original vision!(https://www.instagram.com/p/C_WPtN3SHdl/?img_index=1 posted 31st August 2024)

1 comment:

  1. "Alien:Romulus - Renaissance Station designed by Joshua Viers" was posted on 2nd of September, 2024, after seeing on the Perfect Organism podcast Facebook page posting for these images

    ReplyDelete