Alien 5: The return of Michael Biehn as Hicks

leading from
Neil Blomkamp and Alien 5
 


a) Biehn's appreciation of Blomkamp's work
When Michael Biehn saw District 9, he was glued to his seat uttering words such as "Wow"

b) Biehn's understanding of the film story
Neill Blomkamp brought forth the idea of making another Alien movie, or more so an Aliens movie that would include Michael Biehn as Hicks. 
 
Despite the fact that Biehn's character Hicks and the young girl Newt died at the beginning of Alien 3, both characters would be brought back to life for this movie as if Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection had never occurred. 
 
It would be a question of passing the torch onto the character Newt , who would be about twenty seven years old but would be played by someone other than Carry Henn.
  1. Icons of Fright: You mentioned your 40-year career point and I’m curious, at this point in your career, having played so many iconic characters, is there perhaps a type of film you look for that you haven’t yet had the chance to do or how do you decide whether or not do a film?
    Michael Biehn: I don’t work that often. At this point, I’ve been able to be a part of some many great movie, but I don’t think there’s going to be another TERMINATOR or ALIENS or THE ABYSS or TOMBSTONE. If it does come along, I’ll see it and I’ll know it and will definitely jump on it, but the older you get, the less likely you are to get those parts. I’m really pleased with my resume’ and what I’ve done in my life so far, as far as an actor and a director. I directed one thing and that was THE VICTIM and  having to write that movie in twelve days and doing pre-production while writing it and even shooting it in twelve days, I’m very proud of that little movie. Who knows though? They’re talking about doing another ALIENS movie, with Neill Blomkamp, and Fox came and announced it and Sigourney (Weaver) has come out and announced it. The basic idea is acting like ALIEN3 and 4 never existed, so if you go on Neill Blomkamp’s site, everyone can see all of the artwork for that. I know Ridley Scott is doing his movie first and is going to be the executive producer on this one, so I’m really looking forward to that. I know that Ridley’s focus is on the second PROMETHEUS (now titled ALIEN: COVENANT) and I’m sure that he and Fox both don’t want that and Neill’s movie to come out right next to each other, because they’re kind of two different worlds, with ALIENS taking place thousands of years later, which is how they explained it all to me, but at the same time, they want to give them a similar feel. I know they’re putting the brakes on Neill’s movie just for a little while, but I really think that it would be embarrassing to Ridley and Fox and Sigourney if they just didn’t make the movie.
    Icons of Fright: Oh trust me, I agree with you, I’m dying to see THAT one. 
    Michael Biehn: I think when they put that out there and have pictures with me as Hicks again, people were excited and though I’m not into online stuff much, my kids saw a lot about it on Reddit. They were excited. They’re planning on bringing me and Newt back and at this point Newt will be around twenty-seven years old. I know that every actress in Hollywood is going to want to play this one, it’s really a passing of the torch between Sigourney and this younger actress who would play Newt. It would keep the franchise alive and the studios would make money, because that’s what the bottom line is now: money. That’s why you end up seeing TERMINATOR 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 10 and THE FAST AND FURIOUS 7, 8, 9, and 10. So when that happens, the ALIENS film, maybe that will be one more movie that I can make a mark with, plus, Neill is such a talented guy. When I saw DISTRICT 9 for the first time, I was glued to my seat, going “wow”. So I’m hopeful for that one. (http://iconsoffright.com/2015/11/18/interview-michael-biehn-talks-comedy-series-24-hour-rental-alien-5/ - 18th November, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment